Different substance abuse problems and issues have presented themselves in recent years. Some of the biggest problems that this country now faces have to do with substance abuse, and it has shown no signs of dropping down on dropping away anytime soon either.
Drug and alcohol abuse and addiction have created different problems of different levels of severity all across the United States. One of the biggest problems by far has been the simple fact of young adults becoming addicted to different drugs and different alcohols or a combination of the two. This is particularly catastrophic because young adults are far less capable of coping with addictions than older adults are. The facts and the statistics show this to be the case.
For some data on it:
- Young adults are the most at risk demographic when it comes to drug and alcohol abuse and addiction. Young adults between the ages of 15 and 25 are more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol than any other age range. A combination of peer pressure, availability, stress, and factors like coming into adulthood all contribute to this in some way.
- The sad truth of the matter is that young adults are also the most likely demographics for dying because of drugs and alcohol. This group is the most likely group for experiencing overdoses, accidents, and injuries that all come about as a result of substance abuse. This is the very real data on this issue. Statistically speaking, almost half of the total number of Americans who die from drugs or alcohol every year are between the ages of 15 and 25.
- Different problems and different issues come about as a result of substance abuse. One of the biggest problems is the spread of substance abuse that this nation is experiencing. Statistically speaking, the demographic most responsible for the spread has been the age range of 15 to 25. This group engages in peer pressure more so than any other group, the result being more substance abuse in this group.
- Another problem with drug and alcohol addiction in this age group is that this is the age group that is now about to take over the country as far as the new generation of adults goes. That being said, it is a big concern if a hefty percentage of that demographic is addicted to drugs and alcohol.
- Drug and alcohol addiction is without a doubt a major problem for teenagers, adolescents, young adults, and individuals of other younger demographics. The fact of the matter is that this issue with young adults and substance abuse needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.
Working Through the Problem with Addiction Rehabilitation
The best way for addressing a drug and alcohol addiction problem is by entering into an inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment center, detoxification facility, rehabilitation program, and recovery organization. These treatment centers offer the best services out there, and it is these programs more so than any others that are able to really help people win the battle against addiction once and for all and for good.
Drug and alcohol addiction by no means at all is something to be taken lightly. In fact, drug and alcohol addiction is a very serious and very real crisis that can and should be brought down sooner rather than later. It is something that, if allowed to continue, will only result in death and destruction and injury and a further worsening of the condition that is the addict’s life. This is why now more so than perhaps ever before the right actions need to be taken and struggling addicts need to do what they need to do to enter into rehab centers and work hard to beat addiction with some kind of permanence.
Using rehabilitation to beat addiction will help in three, major ways that are all quite effective:
- Detoxification. This is the first shot, first step to beating drug and alcohol addiction on a more permanent, more effective basis that is truly lasting and helpful. With proper detox, a struggling addict is able and capable of getting off of the chemical and physical dependence to drug and alcohol addiction. This approach is greatly helpful and engaging for them. It is in this approach that such persons are able to get the chemical dependency issues to drug and alcohol addiction out of the way.
- Rehabilitation. With proper rehabilitation, success and recovery can be had quickly and easily. Rehabilitation is the key approach that gets people off of drugs and alcohol and gets them the help that they need to win against the mental and the psychological aspects of drug and alcohol addiction. With this approach, teens and young adults are able to experience safety and sobriety from the mental and the psychological aspects of drug and alcohol addiction.
- Aftercare. Aftercare is a very helpful and engaging second approach to addiction treatment. It is in this approach that people are really able to continue to work on their recoveries in such a way that they can actually experience permanent and everlasting sobriety.
Using Intervention to Convince an Addict to Go to Rehab
Sometimes addicts are not willing to go to rehab. Especially with teens and young adults, they use their school or their college as a reason why they cannot attend a rehab center. The right, proper thing to do with such persons is to impress upon them the true severity of their current situation. What they need to realize is that their lives will do nothing but get worse if they do not go into rehab and quickly too. They need to go into rehab, and if they don’t they will probably lose any opportunities that they were getting out of their schooling to begin with.
Consider this data:
- “Crisis interventions for drug and alcohol abuse are now becoming more needed and necessary than ever before. Studies have shown in recent years that the current percentage of American drug and alcohol addicts who are NOT willing to seek out drug and alcohol addiction rehabilitation numbers as high as ninety percent. The concept that one can just, “deal with his or her addiction” is more prevalent than ever before, making the vast majority of the addicted populace feeling as though they do not need rehab, and that they don’t really have a problem to begin with.”
What this tells us is that drug and alcohol addiction is now a lot more serious and a lot more severe than it ever has been before. Also, what this tells us is that drug and alcohol addiction creates a condition in people where they then decide that they do not need to get help, and that they are fine on their own, and that they can just deal with their own addiction problem.
This is very much so not the case. They can’t deal with it on their own at all. They need to be intervened on, and quickly too. They need the help of an inpatient, residential, drug and alcohol addiction and dependence treatment center, detox facility, rehabilitation program, and recovery organization to do the right thing and pull them out of their addiction crisis. An intervention can and will do this for those who are addicted but who won’t go to rehab.